Although you may understand that you need to be doing live Facebook sales, one concern you may have is how to make them look professional.
You may be worried about your video not going as planned, or about being overweight, or about saying something foolish, or about your house not looking put together.
Our advice would be not to wait until you have everything all figured out before you do your live videos. Live videos aren’t necessarily meant to be perfect and professional – in fact, as we’ve mentioned before, people may appreciate seeing something that’s real, not fake perfection.
That being said, here are a few tips on how to present yourself during a live sale.
- Don’t be overly concerned with what you wear – generally speaking, wear something that’s somewhat nice (at least, nicer than sweatpants or pajamas), but there’s no need to dress up.
- If you normally wear makeup in public, consider putting on a little before your video, but don’t overdo it.
- Check if your hair is unruly and maybe run a brush through it if needed, but again, it doesn’t have to be perfect.
- It may be a good idea to put on some nail polish, particularly if you’re going to be showcasing rings and bracelets.
- Think of it as kind of like going on a date – You don’t want to pretend to be something you’re not, but you also want to be respectful of your viewers and show them that you care by the way you present yourself.
And if any of these suggestions gives you anxiety to the point that you’re putting off doing your live sales, forget all of this and just do it. It’s better to do a live sale in your sweatpants, or with messy hair, or with a cluttered house, than to not do them at all.
Do you want to send text alerts to your customers to let them know when you’re live so you can help boost your sales? Check out our website at https://mobile-text-alerts.com/ for more details.